November 16, 2010
Phase I Water Shortage Declared
The District’s Phase I Water Shortage Restrictions go in effect Dec. 1, 2010, except where stricter measures have been imposed by local governments. View Charlotte County restrictions here.
Water conservation measures apply to water supplied by utilities, as well as private wells and surface water sources in Charlotte County.
Lawn Watering Schedule and Times
- Lawn watering is limited to twice per week.
- Unless your local government or utility has a different schedule or stricter hours in effect:
- Even addresses may water on Thursday and/or Sunday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Odd addresses may water on Wednesday and/or Saturday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Under Phase I, residents are asked to check their irrigation systems to ensure they are working properly. This means testing and repairing broken pipes and leaks, and damaged or tilted sprinkler heads.
- Residents should also check their irrigation timer to ensure the settings are correct and the rain sensor is working properly in accordance with state law.
Landscape Watering Schedule and Times
- Hand watering and micro-irrigation of plants (other than lawns) can be done on any day and at any time.
New Lawns and Plants
- New lawns and plants have a 30-30 establishment period, which allows any-day watering during the first 30 days.
- During the second 30 days, watering is allowed three days per week: even-numbered addresses may water on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday; odd-numbered addresses may water Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
- Reclaimed water remains subject to voluntary watering hours, unless blended with another water source or restricted by the local government or utility.
Fountain Operation, Car Washing and Pressure Washing
- There are no restrictions on fountains, car washing and pressure washing. However, the District asks that residents be as efficient as possible, such as using a shut-off nozzle on their hose, so water isn’t wasted.
For questions concerning this Order you may contact the Utilities Department at (941) 764-4300 or the Southwest Florida Water Management District water restriction hotline 1-800-848-0499 or www.swfwmd.state.fl.us
Community Events Calendar
West Ways Newsletter
Organizations & Clubs
Rotonda West History
Weather Details & Forecast
About the RWA
Board of Directors
Committees & Reports
Deed Restrictions & Guidelines
Applications & Forms
Grade for Canal Front Lot
About Your Property
Frequently Asked Questions
Directions & Maps